Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike Strikes

Sunday morning as we headed to church, this is what greeted us just about a mile from home:  
Hmmm...do we skip church?  Nah, we go home, get the camera, shoot some photos, and find another way there.  

In just a few hours it rained about 5 inches!  This little creek rose about 10+ feet to cover the bridge and completely flood the area.  But about four hours later, it was back to normal -- with the exception of the mud and silt everywhere.  
I love the weather in the Midwest; it keeps life interesting.  

4 comments:

The Robinson's said...

CRAZY WEATHER!! I'm glad you are okay. Hope your home wasn't flooded. It's fun to see how you guys are doing!!

Christie said...

Um, yeah. I think that's a good enough reason to get to stay home from church. Wish that would have been my road. I'd so have been home in bed with a good book.

Nat and Dave said...

WO! I saw that crazy flooding on the news today! I'm a day or two behind...thats crazy! Glad it didn't get you guys too bad! I wish we had some storms up here...not the damaging kinds...just the fun to watch and be in kind! Like lightning..thunder ones!

Scott and Angie said...

So I pretty behind but nice pics. I would've gone back home for the camera too. Glad you and your hubby are ok. I love looking at your cute blog. I feel like we're so close with you in MO and me in WI. Didn't I read your sister lives in WI? When Scot and I make a trip to Navuoo I'll have to give you a call.