Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

This Valentine's Day was just perfect.  Lizzie and I made sugar cookies after taking W to school.  She was thrilled to pour the ingredients and end up with the mixing paddle.  Oh, that teethy, squinty-eyed smile.  I love it.  
Later that day we got a package in the mail from my parents who are currently visiting Australia and New Zealand.  W was so excited to see his bike-riding-kanagaroo post card and put his kangaroo magnet on the dishwasher.  
That night, instead of going out just Dave and me, we decided to do a "nice" dinner with the whole family.  We had steak, roasted brussell sprouts, fruit, bread and our own sugar cookies to decorate.  We even had a special pink drink (blood orange italian soda) -- a big deal for water drinkers.  After dinner we gave the kids a little gift for each of them.  W got a cowboy hat and a "Grow Your Own Cowboy" toy that you put in water.  Lizzie got a Mrs. PotatoHead.  I think the kids really thought the day and evening were a big deal.  We got to spend the whole day with the people we love.  After the kids went to bed, I felt so loved and thankful for those whom I love.  It was the perfect way to spend Valentine's Day.  I can't wait to do it again next year.  

2 comments:

ashley said...

We also did a family ”love” dinner, including blood orange soda! Great minds think alike.

Libby said...

Ooh, I like it. Filing it away in me brains for next year.

Love, love all of these fun updates!