Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

"Motherhood is near to divinity.  It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.  It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels."  
Yesterday was such a great day; I love Mother's Day.  I set out with one goal of capturing Winston smiling.  The boy can smile all day, but once the camera comes out, all bets are off.  He is becoming so much more alert, attentive and responsive.  I love it.  His smiling back makes all that baby talk worthwhile.   And lots of smiles on Mother's Day was the perfect gift.  
Hats off to Dave for being such a great dad.   A big breakfast (French toast...my favorite), Haribo gummi bears, a funny card and new jogger were so kind of you.  These boys made this day perfect.  
I've learned a greater understanding and respect for the profession of Mother.  I am so, so thankful for my mom.  It makes me smile and gives me confidence the times I catch myself doing something she would do.  She is the example of choosing family life first and not looking back -- a decision I know is hard to make.  Thank you, Mom.  Thank you for choosing us.  

3 comments:

skinners said...

beautiful sentiments! and winstin is adorable.

(i do have to say that haribo gummi bears are my absolute favorite candy ever!)

Karen said...

You guys are so so cute! Miss you.

Tyler Waterfall said...

I enjoyed your thoughts, Katie. What a beautiful family you all are. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day.
Amy