Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Shout Out to the Earth

It's Earth Day.  While I'm no Al Gore wannabe, I do what I can to be a mindful citizen and good steward of the resources I have.  Aside from my relaxed recycling efforts, I'm learning to better reuse/revive some things around the house.  Here's the proof:


The people who owned our house before us left several pieces of furniture in the basement:  some really cool tables, old doors, a chair and highchair to name a few.  One such item was a squatty hutch/wardrobe type of piece.  After sanding it down some, I used some paint I had on hand and bought pretty sweet new knobs.  It isn't perfect by any stretch of the word, but I think it's a nice complement to my craft (or "crap") room.  


 **Yes, I know those knobs are uneven.  Like I said it's an imperfect piece.**

I think my next project like this will be the highchair.  Perhaps a bright red?  

2 comments:

Lizbeth said...

ooooh!! I really like what you did with the place. Im really loving the hutch. The color choice is unmatched. I'm going to go ahead and give you two thumbs up on this and your next potential project. Hella yeah, on the fire truck red high chair!

Unknown said...

So fun!
I love it!
I really like the colors and shapes. Very interesting and fun to look at.
You are talented!
Love you!
Mom