Thursday, April 8, 2010

Springtime Breakfast


I love springtime.
I love when the weather warms up.
I love the way a warm sun feels.
I actually like rain.
But I hate wind.
Hate wind.
I love when the trees blossom.
They smell so good!
I love the look of new mulch in the front flower beds.
The dark wood chips look so pretty.
I especially love it when some friendly gentlemen show up unannounced one morning to put said mulch in the front beds.
But I especially love when the tulips push through the mulch.
I anticipate their blooming every day.
I returned home late one night to discover my tulips had bloomed over the weekend.
When I got up the next morning to take a picture, I discovered some small animal loved the tulips as much as I.
Only this small creature liked to eat them.
I hate rodents.

The end.

1 comment:

Meg said...

great post!
i couldn't agree with you more Katie.
i can feel your pain of the 'flowers for dinner.' you know our deer family always finds something beautiful to eat in my yard.
love you.