Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fall has fell

It's here.  Fall is on our doorstep.

School started today.  More than once I've seen leaves with a hint of yellow falling from the trees.  And it was actually below 80 degrees last night (finally!).

I really love this time of year.  It's the middle of the year, but I always feel like I'm on the brink of a new beginning.  Plus, I get a little excited with that back-to-school thrill in the air.  I'm a nerd like that.  Looking back at what we've done over the summer, I'd say it was a success.  More for journaling purposes than your entertainment, here's the rundown.

Mini-bike rides around SheShe and Papa's backyard.

The Zoo where we got caught in a torrential downpour on the train.  Soaked!

A couple of trips to Purina Farms.


MoBot Garden -- clothing optional?

Several trips to the splash pad (even when we're completely unprepared).  

Spur of the moment, there-and-back trip to Nauvoo for the Pageant.


And no summer would be complete without a Cardinal game.

When I see it in front of me like this, almost everything we did was free.  Well done.  Even the Cardinal tickets were free.  

Good story, in fact.  We sat next to a guy on a plane to Dallas, and we got to talking.  By the end of the flight, he had our info and said he'd send us some tickets because we had been "such good company" on the plane.  And what do you know, an envelope arrived a couple of months later with not only tickets, but really good tickets.   What a gracious guy.  Thanks Fred! 

But I digress.  All in all, I'd say Winston's first real summer was a hit:  Swam in the pool countless times.  Became a swimming lessons Champ.  Bike rides/walks.  Consumed more than our fair share of popsicles.  Made visits to the park.  Slathered on more than one bottle of sunscreen.  Threw balls in the backyard.  And managed to get through way too many hot and humid days.  

Thanks for the good times, W.  

No comments: