Thursday, May 26, 2011

EVR: Eight weeks

May 26, 2011


 (she wasn't really happy about this)

I feel like E is growing up so much fast than W.  It may be all in my head, but I feel like we're on fast forward.  For documentation sake, here's what Lizzy's up to:   
  • tries to suck on thumb
  • eyes are still blue
  • almost out of 0-3 mo. onesies (can't wait for the sleeveless ones)
  • made first trip to church (5/15/11)
  • first smile (5/13/11); now we can coax a smile or two out of her each morning
  • baby announcements finally going out
  • almost too tall/long for bassinet
  • thighs and cheeks starting to chub
  • takes a bottle before bed
  • nurses like a champ
  • has slept for six-hour stretches several nights...just not consistently
  • loves bath time
  • stares at W
  • doesn't mind some tummy time
  • gurgles bubbles and drools
  • lying with her belly against someone's chest while that someone pats her back is the "magic" place
  • Most nights around 8:00 p.m., colic rears its ugly head, usually not dying down until around 11:00.  At this point, E will finally calm and fall asleep.  Dear colic, I hate you.  

3 comments:

Becca said...

Girl, I'm glad you posted today. I have been in a major funk, and your posts cheer me up.

Lizbeth said...

oh she is just getting more and more precious. And chubby. Love her.

Meg said...

Look at those blue eyes. I think she looks like you, but her eye color reminds me of someone in Dave's family...can't quite put my finder on who. Oh, I just can't wait to squeeze her...the countdown is on.