Tuesday, October 4, 2011

EVR: Six Months



Lizzy turned six months old on Sunday.  Time is flying at warp speed.  Here are her stats:

Height:  28 1/4" (97%+)
Weight:  18lb 12.5 oz (92%)

  • She is still the smiliest girl I know, though we have yet to get a good laugh out of her (still!).  She is certainly a girl, though, because she can turn rather serious rather quickly.  
  • She's sitting up all by herself...all the time.  Lying on her back is a drag, so if not sitting up, she prefers to be on her belly where she can push herself around backwards around the room.  Yes, she's already somewhat mobile.  Yikes!
  • Her hair is coming in thick and still as blonde as can be.  
  • And those eyes?  Still blue.  
  • She continues to be enamored with anything and everything W does.  Perhaps that's why she can't quite seem to ever get away for a good nap.  This girl can't nap to save her life!  
  • Nighttime is tricky, too.  But we're working things out.  
  • I have learned that tickling the back of her neck and shoulders sometimes does the trick of calming her down to sleep.  It's like instant relaxation for her.  
  • She's well into the "everything must go in my mouth" phase.  In fact, right now, she's sucking on my arm/shirt.  
  • She loves pears, peaches, applesauce, whole bananas and sweet potatoes.  We even sneak in some bread, too.  
  • She loves to chew on Sophie the Giraffe's leg.  
  • We love the few hours of time she and I have together each week while W is at preschool.  It's so fun to play with this little girl.       





7 comments:

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Wow, Elizabeth really looks like you did Katie, especially the first two color photos. It takes me back, what a pleasant memory!
She is beautiful, just like her mommy!
Love you!
Mom

Becca said...

Sigh. She's lovely. Aren't baby girls dreamy?

Libby said...

Look at her in her ruffly top. Adorable.

Seems bizarre that she's 6 months already...because that means my little gal is almost 18 months!! Warp speed, indeed.

The "everything in the mouth" stage...blerg. I think my kids are in that stage forever!! Currently, Blair's favorite item is chalk. She gets irate when I take it away. Eeeesh.

Sharstin said...

she is such a cute lil gal~
how the time flies....and then they are in first grade! true story--it is craziness!
we are still in the everything in the mouth stage with nora
lil Lizzy seem alike such a sweet and easy baby~

Meg said...

Dear Sweet Baby Lizzy: Oh you precious little girl. I want to hold you RIGHT NOW! Please, will you just show up at my door...you can even come alone. I won't tell your Mom or Dad or big brother. I will feed you sugar and lots of milk (from some other mother's supply) and we will have a good ol time.
To the Mom- Katie, she is such a little beauty!

Libby said...

Katie-I'd whole heartedly recommend Warby Parker. At least do a home try on (or 2, like me!)-totally free and then you can get a feel for the quality and such.

Plus, $95 for frames and lenses is a pretty great deal.