Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Niner, Roger That



Winston turned nine months old.  It's funny to think he's been out in the world as long as he was cooped up in tummy (the word "belly" just makes me feel prego again).  This boy's personality gets bigger and more fun as the days go by.  He's all over the place, into everything, and I think he just might start doing pull ups on the bookshelves any day.  I love it.  He still prefers the army crawl to actually getting on hands and knees.  Of course, this means he's constantly dragging leaves, dog hair and any tiny spec of anything from the ground.  Combine that with the incessant drooling and he's like a wet mop.  Again, I love it.

What else do I love about this boy?

**His laugh.  Oh his laugh!  He used to just giggle and giggle, but now he's really laughing.  Almost a belly laugh, as my mom would call it.
**Squinty smile.  I can tell he's learning to feel confident and proud in his newfound skills.  He'll either clap his hands in excitement, or bare his mouthful of teeth with his squinty-eyed smile.  Too cute.
**Book reader.  He isn't pointing much, but he will actually sit still to have a book read to him.  He prefers to turn the pages a bit faster than I can read them...but he's getting it.
**Anticipation.  He can tell when it's time for his daddy to come home.  When he hears the garage door open, he all but takes off for the door.
**Playing tag.  This is pretty much the cutest thing ever.  If W is into something he shouldn't be (particularly the stairs or Lucy's bed), I'll say "I'm gonna get you!" and he will take off full steam ahead and just laugh and laugh until I snatch him up.  He gets giddy he's so excited.


W is still such a docile, happy, pleasant little boy.  Though I'm biased, I'll just say it; he's a REALLY good baby.  He loves to make noise.  He loves to chew on everything (clothing, shoes, that blasted timer for the floor lamp!), climb up the stairs and into toy boxes, chase Lucy around, and pull G-ma Maggie's pewter vases off the shelf over and over again.  But I really, really love this kid.

Happy birthday little boy!!!


Stats
Height:  29 3/4 inches (95%)
Weight:  19 lb 2 oz (25%) *I was informed by the pediatrician that W needs to put on some poundage.  So what do we do all day?  Eat, eat, eat.  No bar holds, we just let the boy eat.

2 comments:

Kendra Belliston said...

Katie,
Wow, its been way to long since I've seen you. I think the last time we talked was at Stephanie's Wedding Reception. Your little guy is such a cutie! It's fun to see what you guys have been up to. I'm glad I came across your blog! I also have a blog but it is private if you would like an invite send me and email lukebelliston@gmail.com

steph said...

Ohhh he is adorable. I can't believe he's already 9mo! If you have any tips for a docile baby, PLEASE pass them on.