Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful: Nosey


Yesterday was kind of rotten. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck. Not so fun. Accompanied by pregnancy panic, the day was really quite a drag.
But today, when W got up this morning, he was happy as can be (thankful #1).  I was still feeling less than comfortable as we ate breakfast together. W signaled he was finished with his meal by pushing his index finger through his syrup, then inserting said finger into his nose.
Gross? Yes.
Sticky mess? Yes.
Funny? Yes.
Did I laugh before I even asked him to stop? Yes. (thankful #2)
You know the day can only get better when started syrup in your nose.
I headed to the doctor in hopes of putting my mind at ease. It's not fun to go to the doctor...hoping the doctor will tell you it's all in your head instead of actually having a problem.
Thanks to modern medicine and technology (thankful #3), baby girl is a-ok (#4), the issues weren't all in my head (#5; yes I'm thankful I'm not crazy), and it should be an easy fix to get me back to normal (thankful #6).
Not to belittle the nature of the situation, I am so thankful for Winston's syrupy start to the day to lighten my mood and remind me that everything is going to be OK.

2 comments:

Zana said...

I missed the announcement but still so excited for your news and it's a girl! Yay!
So happy all is okay & your worries were lightened. My worries never go away maybe that's why I'm always on the countdown to due date :)

Lizbeth said...

O.M.G. I AM SO EXCITED! AAAAAHHHHHH!!! In the mean time, tell bubs to save me some of that syrup!