Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Yesterday's Thanksgiving festivities reminded me all the more the many things I have to be thankful for. The weather was cold and even snowy (yay!), perfect for spending the day inside with family and delicious eats.  My mother-in-law is the culinary superstar who whipped up the incredible Thanksgiving meal.  It was deliciously perfect.  The stuffing was my (and W's and Laura's) personal fave.  But really, the whole think could knock your socks off.    


After our meal, we lounged around, fell asleep on the couch, ate pie...the usual.  The day was topped off with seeing both sets of my grandparents on Skype.  W was so excited to see his MaMom and Poppy; he was jumping off my lap.  And I was so happy to see my grandparents "see" W.  

Aside from W getting sick in the car (too much stuffing perhaps?), I don't think the day could have gone better.  The food, the family, the snowflakes, the simplicity of the day:  it was perfect.  








No comments: