Friday, April 29, 2011

Wills and Kate


Lizzy and I were up in the wee hours this morning to watch the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton. It was beautiful. She is beautiful! I loved the whole thing.
I loved all the commentary this morning from the talking heads who act like they really know this couple (i.e. Matt Lauer, Meredith, Giuliana, etc.)  However, I like to believe in the fairytale picture they created.  I'd like to think William loves all that Kate brings to the table as an individual. He could be completely vain and just think Kate has great legs or something.  But maybe not.  To me, Wills loves the stability, normalcy and loving safeguards of Kate and her family.  Isn't that perfect?  They're the perfect couple; I'll believe it until proven otherwise.
The whole spectacle was picture perfect.
I loved when Will told Kate she looked beautiful.
That dress!
I loved how tightly Kate's father held her hand until he gave it over to William.
The hats were all amazing, too. Loved them.
Something else I loved was the prayer composed for the wedding by the couple:
"In the business of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union, help us to serve and comfort those who suffer."
Lovely, isn't it?  Anyone can appreciate a royal couple's objective of using their influence, resources and energy to serve together those around them.

Cheers to the happy couple!

2 comments:

Lizbeth said...

AAAHHH!!!! I am so beyond upset with myself!! I was still awake at 4:00 am this morning and debated watching it but decided not to. The moment i woke up, i regretted that decision. Grrr.....I need a re-do. Now!

melissa said...

First off, are you calling Elizabeth Lizzy? I'm assuming you are! So cute.
Second, I too was up feeding the babe and turned it on just in time for Kate to get into the car to go to Westiminster Abbey. I was glued to the TV for 2 hours! It was fascinating, all of it. Her dress was amazing. And I used to crush on Wills back in the day so it was fun to see him again and so happy! They really do seem like the fairytale couple. Of course though, I love LOVE so a televised wedding between two beautiful people? I'm in!