Tuesday, September 4, 2012

W's first day of preschool

Is it just me, or does he look like he's 8?!
Winston went to his first day of preschool today at St. John's Early Childhood Center. This is the same place he went to Kids Day Out last year. He loves this place. It is very close to our house, and we drive past it often. Over the summer, he asked probably every day if it was time for school yet. 
Winston loved his first day at school. He was up bright and early at 6:30 a.m. ready to go. When it came time to get in the car he said, "Uhhhh, I'm not going to preschool today." As we waited our turn to get out of the car he said, "I'm a little excited, but a little nervous." But then, when the teacher came to collect him from the car and take him inside, he hopped right on out, walked to the door, and never looked back! I was so proud of him, yet secretly hoping he'd at least want another hug before he left or look back to give me a wave. Nope. He was set.



When I picked him up, his teacher said he was wonderful and probably the best one in the class (she may have said this to every parent picking up his/her child.  I know, I know.). He was happy and worn out. Perfect!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Winston, you are such a good lookin' kid! I bet you have lots of friends in your class and I am sure that your teacher thinks that you are the best.
Love you,
Aunt Meg

Tyler Waterfall said...

Way to go Winston!

Lizbeth said...

Sooo big!! I cannot believe how fast this boy grows. Love his slicked hair....very "mad men-esque"