Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Best weekend ever

There is little else that could make me more excited or happier than having (almost) my entire family visit us in St. Louis. Few weekends have I anticipated so much.
The family arrived Friday afternoon after 18+ hours in the car or 8+ hours in the airport; ouch! Despite the arduous trek of getting here, the rest of the weekend went off without a hitch.  
Trips to the City Museum, Ted Drewes, the Arch, Dewey's Pizza and the Zoo highlighted the weekend.  But they were all here to meet and celebrate Winston and his blessing day (pictures coming soon).

MaMom got to hang out with ALL of her grandkids at once...never happens.  We love her!

Uncle Mark -- the graduate -- actually showed some love and affection towards his nieces and nephew.  Thumbs up, Mark!

What Waterfall gathering would be complete without a good game of speed Scrabble?  Even Kate gets excited.  I love, love, love this game.  Probably because it's one of the few I am good at.  


Poppi Scott and Winston are quite the snoozers; perfect for each other.  

Maria can't hold her enthusiasm in at finally meeting her cousin Winston.  

Baby talk.  It was the cutest thing.  We put them on the couch facing each other and they just looked and squawked and laughed at each other.  It was darling.  

I love this girl.  

Winston's first stroll through the museum at the base of the St. Louis Arch.

Fun at the St. Louis Zoo, in a torrential downpour, of course.  

Maria's "goggles" and/or "glasses."  

Too cute!  These kids are exactly two months apart.  I think Maria taught Winston a few things during her brief visit.  Winston is like a new baby now.  He smiles and laughs and talks and squirms around just like Maria.  


I hate goodbyes.  Perhaps I'm a baby, but it doesn't get easier for me any time my family leaves or I leave Utah.  I miss them terribly, but we are so glad and lucky we got to spend a whole weekend with them.  We can't thank you enough.  Come back soon!

4 comments:

Rita said...

I swear, I love your family! They totally make me want to have a big family of my own. You guys are amazing. So funny seeing the babes on the couch talking to eachother. LOVE IT. So, next week I'm off school. Let's hang out.

Meg said...

"Ohhh." (Say it like I would say it when I am say, Oh, how nice or how precious.) I just love you so much and we just feel so lucky to be part of your life! XOXOXO and thanks again.

Lizbeth said...

Thanks for such a fun weekend, kate. I love the posts! good job. miss you miss you miss you!! xoxox

Audra said...

I don't know how you do it but I can say that every time I read your blog I end up crying!! I love the photos of little Winston and you family. I had a flash back when I saw Mark, he is so...manly!! I miss the little guy with a cute nose. See...I'm crying again!!! I'm so happy for you and how much the Lord has bless you. I miss you so much... Love Audra