Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's chi-mi-nay-uh

There's something about sitting around a fire that just makes me happy. So happy that I've been bugging Dave for months now about having a fire...somewhere...anywhere. As part of our anniversary festivities, I planned (more like invited ourselves over) to go over to a friends' house to have a fire in their firepit. Well, Dave didn't disappoint. Instead, we hit up the local Home Depot and got our own firepit. Actually, it's a chiminea. Go on, sound it out.

So Saturday night was spent outside on the patio with marshmellows, Fudge Stripe cookies (best way to make s'mores), the fam and a fire. Just what I wanted. Thanks Davey.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Fire, s'mores and summer's night air....three of my favorite things about summertime! Ben will be jealous about he chiminea (however you spell it?). That is the one thing he keeps talking about buying when we move. I guarentee he will see this post and say, "See Megan, Dave and Katie have one!" I really like it. How fun.

melissa said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds! I love the fire thing...looks awesome for summertime 'smores.

the Rabes said...

agreed! Nothing is better than sitting around the fire with a yummy treat and for some reason the best conversations seem to happen around the flames. Lucky you perhaps we'll make the drive over so we can experience the chiminea with you!

Beck n' Ben said...

I LOVE FUDGE STRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Ben (not sure if Becca does)