Thursday, September 10, 2009

You'll wanna do the air guitar

Thanks to my loyal blog followers (hah!), I got quite the collection of sweet tunes for running, working out, etc. And I must admit, the playlist I put together for the big race was nothing short of spectacular. So without further delay, get out your iTunes cards and add the following to your music collections:

1. "Galvanize" by The Chemical Brothers. Pretty much the best running song of all time. Bold statement, I know. But oh so true.
2. "Runnin' Down a Dream" by the great Tom Petty
3. "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston. You'll want to put your hands in the air for every "somebody call 9-1-1!" (That's for you, Meg.)
4. "Never Walk Away" by Journey. You can never go wrong with these guys.
5. "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac
6. "Take a Chance on Me" compliments of Mamma Mia
7. "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West
8. "Forever" by Chris Brown
9. "Get Over It" by the Eagles

Enjoy!


3 comments:

The Robinson's said...

That's awesome, Katie!! I am proud of ya! That little goal has been in the back of my mind for a long time, but I'm not sure I'm ready to pull it out! I will definitely add these tunes when I actually decide to try to be "a runner"!!
Congrats!!

Catherine said...

Way to go Katie! A 1/2 marathon is a big accomplishment. I ran one right before I was prego with Colton. I hope to do another one again soon. You are amazing for doing it w/in 6 months!!! And thanks for the music tips. I am always glad to add good songs to my running mix. Although I am a little disappointed to see that "A Dios Le Pido" didn't make the list :)

Ashley said...

What? No Fergie? Ha ha! Congrats on the run, that is so incredible and I am in awe. I'm excited to get these new tunes in my list. There's just something about a good playlist that'll keep you going forever. How's St Louis these days?