Thursday, October 28, 2010

Minne



Before I jump ahead and discuss my sisters' weekend with Mickey and Minnie, I have to recap our weekend to Minne-apolis.  Hah!  Get it?  That was lame.

Anyway, my two friends Melissa and Crystalyn are living in Minneapolis while their hubs go to grad school.  Having real life childhood friends living so close is something I'll certainly take advantage of.  So D, W and I headed north for the weekend.  And Minne certainly didn't disappoint.
 Old Creamery Ice Cream
 The best ice cream on the planet.  
Pantless?  Yes, that's how he rolls. 
 Minnehaha Falls.   
That's Crystalyn.  I thought I'd just post this picture, but quite honestly, the picture below is much more representative of her.  

 Bikes for rent.  Made W's day.
Crossing the Stone Bridge.  Great conversation and beautiful fall colors!

Because Melissa is the most organized person I know (and I dream of learning said trait some day), she sent me a list of all the stuff we did in her new city.  I would take another trip to Minne any day -- and would recommend that city to anyone.  Here's what I want to remember about our trip:
  • Winston in his borrowed pink carseat (who can pass up not having to bring your own to the airport?)  
  • Brit's for lunch (sans lawn bowling; too bad!)
  • Downtown Minneapolis:  Off 5th, skyways, saying "cheese" at Target Field, candy store without the kettle corn I swore I could smell, tons of outdoor seating at restaurants, Melissa's fear of having to parallel park, Abe taking a rest and peeking out the back of the stroller
  • 10,000 lakes:  Lake of the Isles (incredible), Lake Calhoun and Lake Como
  • The obligatory trip to Patagonia 
  • Juicy Lucy's by the light of Macalester College
  • Winston's meltdown at the sight of the Twins mascot
  • Pantless little boys on Grand Ave (they were ours)
  • Punch Pizza.  I'd recommend the Toto and the house salad
  • Cafe Latte with just girls
  • Sunday afternoon tacos while little boys are on hunger strike
  • Girl talk in Crystalyn's bed with fruit snacks, popcorn and cereal...all the while Rob studied at the kitchen table
  • Abe and W's morning playdates, complete with shouting "hur-ray!," throwing balls at the blinds, fighting over the dinosaur and "it's dark in here" train trips through the tunnel
  • Como Zoo:  seeing the lovely Catherine herself.  Such a good treat to the end of a great trip


2 comments:

melissa said...

I'm so glad you guys made the trip! And you caught some of the best fall weather here. (It's freezing now) I really hope that we can make it happen again in the next year and a half..I really want to see St. Louis. Thanks for putting up with the prego chick (me) and the determined 2 year old (Abe)!

crystalyn and rob said...

...and the 27 year old paranoid adult.

did we really eat all that stuff in my bed that night? man, fatty fatty 2X4's! sounds like me at night. miss you and little drool machine. you forgot to mention that!