Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lizzy rolled off the chair the other day.
Shame on me for propping her up there!
I just had to vacuum underneath her.
And then vacuum the whole rest of the kitchen....while I was on a roll.
Shame on me!
When I finally did turn off the vacuum to check on her, she wasn't there.
That's when my heart stopped.
It's a sickening feeling.
The sight of her wedged between the ottoman and chair.
Her head inches, no, centimeters away from the brick fireplace.
I snatched her up.  So fast.
Seeing her breathing.
No blood.
Not even tears.
Just a little scared (thinking, what in the world just happened to me?!  where is that lady?!).
The first words to come out:  Thank you!
Thank you for keeping her safe.
Thank you!
Thank you for protecting her.
Thank you!
It made me a little choked up.
I am grateful.

I don't think there's such a thing as single parenthood.
Thankfully.

No comments: