Thursday, September 29, 2011

Phone Dump: Signs of Life

We are alive.  After pink eye and two bouts of flu/vius (me and Winst...now possibly Dave), we are still alive.  Thankfully, we've been able to escape the house for brief moments between sicknesses.

Balloon Glow
We biked/pulled the kids through Forest Park for the annual Balloon Glow.  I've heard estimates up to 100,000 people being the park that night.  Lots of people!  But we loved riding through the park, and the kids had a great time seeing the hot air balloons glow in the dark of night.  


My mom and I are convinced that Lizzy looks just like my mother-in-law.  Now, perhaps if Lizzy had a little more hair....but, what do you think?

Thank you, Target $1 bin, for providing hilarious entertainment for W and me one afternoon.  The vampire teeth were a hit.

St. Louis Zoo.  SheShe had perfect timing and took us to the zoo the day before I was taken out by the awful flu.  W loved the train, and the carousel (adamant about riding a zebra) and the otters.

We're official parents now; we have taken our children to a Disney on Ice show.  Correction, Dave took one of our children -- Winston.  They saw Toy Story on Ice.  Dave said Winston watched intently the whole time and proudly pointed out all of the characters.  Dave's review?  He said it was OK...just glad the tickets were free.  The gratis tickets made buying a souvenir a little more palpable, but if that wasn't good enough, W picked out a $3 Buzz Lightyear straw -- which he called "cute baby Buzz" -- instead of the $20 souvenir cup.  Good boy, W.

W is currently obsessed -- OBSESSED -- with baseball.  Anything red (for Cardinals) is considered baseball memorabilia.  He would wear his Cardinals shirt and hat everyday, while toting his bat, ball and mitt, if I allowed it.  He's quite a natural, if I say so myself.  Look at that stance!

Playing dress-up.  There's been a lot of talk about Halloween around here.

And the happiest girl (who won't nap to save her -- and my-- life).  So smiley.  Rolly poly.  So cute.

No comments: