Friday, July 25, 2008

Ode to the 18hr. flight



Dave and I borrowed Seasons 2 and 3 of The Office from some friends.  We were late to pick up on the sitcom.  So now we always find some time at random hours to watch a couple of episodes, and last night was no different.  Watching The Office reminds me of my dad and Lizzy at the In & Out Burger in LA talking about Dwight's potato gun and possible derangement.  

...Cue Nepal...
So last Christmas the Waterfall family ventured to Nepal.  The trip was amazing. but the 18-hour flights there and back were dismal.  However, each seat on the plane was conveniently equipped with your own personal entertainment system.  Movies, games, TV shows and the like were available at any time.  It was a lifesaver to say the least.  Occasionally you would hear someone burst into laughter on the dark plane, and you knew they had to be watching an episode of The Office.  My dad watched several such episodes on the return 18hr flight.  I don't know if I've ever seen Scotty laugh so hard.  Following the flight, during our layover in LA, we discussed the hilarity and reality of these people.  Anyone who's ever had a job knows at least one person similar to a character on The Office.
So here's to Dwight, Jim, Pam and Michael for getting us home in one piece, and making my dad laugh so hard.

  

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You wanna hear something awesome? I regularly have dreams that I'm hanging out with the Scranton crew. We go bowling and to hockey games and stuff. Sometimes Jim and I make out. You know, the usual.

~Mandy~ said...

Oh katie!

It's so good to just click through people's blog friends and find someone you know. I hope all is going well, I'm assuming you are in St. Louis with your posts, good for you, while I'm still here in Utah! Good to see you and read up on you!

If you get bored you can swing by my blog! http://gatebrain.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

We love the office. I often talk about the characters as if they are my friends :) I'm glad to hear your joining in on the excitement of the Office craze.