Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Churro Please

The past two days I have been trapped at home, fleeing the cold, wet conditions outside while trying to manage an under-the-weather little boy who coughs like a smoker and breathes like a purring cat.  I haven't accomplished much, to say the least.  But today was a big day.

(Please excuse sub-par photography.  It's embarrassing how delighted I am to spend an evening in a warehouse.) 
Today the new Costco opened just miles from my house.  I am very thankful that I don't have to drive 25 min. to get my bulk cereal, paper towel and other stuff I probably don't really need.  Nonetheless, Dave took us to the new store tonight and it was glorious.  Just glorious.  We hadn't eaten dinner yet, so I skipped the obligatory Diet and/or churro.  But I'm sure I'll be back soon.  Maybe even tomorrow.  And this time I'll leave with my churro.

1 comment:

The Robinson's said...

I live 4 blocks from a Costco and I don't know what I will do when we move. I will be a lost soul! Love Costco! I'm afraid to get a churro (I've never had one) because I might want one each time I go!