Monday, April 26, 2010

Living Simply

"Living simply means 
deciphering between needs and wants 
and trying to eliminate extraneous wants from my daily life.  
It means living closely with nature, 
slowing down, 
working with my hands, 
and not having more than I need."

I ripped this quote out of a Patagonia catalog a few years ago. I wish I would've written down its source.  I think it's a good philosophy to live by.  I might even swap "Living simply" for "Contentment."  

It's easy to always want more.  Just something for me to think about, I suppose.  And something for me to remember before I fill my online shopping cart and hit "purchase."

2 comments:

Zana said...

I think I need to read this quote before spring cleaning each room in my home...really, it would help me to toss more into the goodwill pile.

Although when I purchase new items it's more motivating to throw out a lot of unnecessary junk. At least that's how I justify my shopping :)

Lori said...

I love that and am going to copy it down and read it each morning:)