Monday, April 5, 2010

Oregonia

I had never visited the great state of Oregon.  That was until a few weeks ago.
My sister Mag-lite moved to the beautiful Northwest just a few months ago.  Naturally curious, my little sister, mother and I ventured to see her new abode.  I've heard many people say how beautiful the Northwest is, but I was blown away.  Stunningly beautiful!

It was a delight to see Meg, Benoto (for about 24 hrs.) and the precious, precious Maria.  Oh how I love her!  W and Maria were champs the entire trip.  I loved seeing them play and eat and have fun together.  They are so unique, but were always so concerned for the other the entire trip.  So cute!


We did so many fun things; Meg was an amazing hostess. We discovered much of Portland, including Pittock Mansion (sp?) and "Snob" Hill.





We hiked to the waterfalls of Silver Falls.



We ventured to the coast at Newport and even went crabbing (think "Deadliest Catch").  Our dinghy of a boat couldn't handle much more than the squall we went through.  Two hours and about five crab were enough; we were soaked.  But we laughed and laughed and laughed.  Thank you Capt. Ben.




We also went to see the tulips at The Wooden Shoe, made some jewelery (which may or may not have been confiscated by Lizzy), and ate lots of junk food (which may or may not have included a caramel corn Easter tree).


It was the best trip!  W and I had so, so much fun.  We can't wait to see all of you again soon.  Love you long time!  Thank you Mama, Megan and Liz.

And if that wasn't good enough, I got to see my Daddy-o and Grandma during our layover in SLC.  Thank you for coming to see us!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the picture of your sister holding your niece like she is the catch of the day :) Beautiful place, we'd love to end up there someday.

Meg said...

Oh I loved reading it. Funny thing I just got online and thought, I am going to call Katie right now and then I saw your post (I will still call). Lovely, simply lovely...as if I could miss you more...now I know I can! Liz 100% is a thief on the crafts. Winston is keeping it real: lovin life half-dressed in the airport...this is more normal than not for him! Ben looks like he is doing doing who-knows-what in the boat picture, had to laugh at that...so cute, Capt. Benoto. I loved having you here, you are welcome ANY time.
XoxoxoXOXOXoxo

Lizbeth said...

i. love. this.

crystalyn and rob said...

what a cute freakin family. i feel like i should have been there. maybe next time right?